Professor Kevin Anderson is the Deputy Director of the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research; holds a joint chair in Energy and Climate Change at the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering at the University of Manchester and School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia; and is an honorary lecturer in Environmental Management at the Manchester Business School. He is an adviser to the British Government (as of 2009) on climate change.
- Why UK shale gas is incompatible with the 2 degree Celsius framing of dangerous climate change
- Enthusiasm over small fall in EU emissions masks underlying apathy on 2 degrees Celsius
- Letter to the PM on how the 2 degrees Celsius target demands an 80% cut in EU emissions by 2030
- Don’t muddle energy efficiency with reducing emissions!
- Focus on China underplays the urgent need for the US & EU to lead on 2 degree Celsius mitigation
- House of Lords shale gas report chooses eloquence over analysis in addressing climate change
- Avoiding dangerous climate change demands de-growth strategies from wealthier nations
- Why carbon prices can’t deliver the 2 degree Celsius target
Monday, November 12, 2012
Scientists and officials are not telling the public the awful truth: we are hurtling toward catastrophic climate change. A review, summary and critique of an earth-breaking speech by Prof. Kevin Anderson, Deputy Director of the Tyndall Centre in Britain. Speaking to theCabot Institute in Bristol November 6th, Anderson told the sold-out crowd our future is not possible. Radio Ecoshock 121114 1 hour.
Extinction might be howling outside our door but, if you have the courage, you can still fight. There is no downside in trying.